Vice President - e-Commerce Job Description
As VP of eCommerce, responsibilities included defining and executing the eCommerce vision and branding and marketing strategy which was used to help to shape the overall brand of the firm.
Ziegler and Companies, Inc., Milwaukee Wisconsin
$100 Million Full Service Brokerage
October 2001 to January 2006
Reports to: Senior Managing Director – Technology (CIO)
Direct Reports: (1) Assistant Vice President – eCommerce, Vendors
The Responsibilities of this position include:
- Works with the Executive Management team to define the corporate e-commerce strategy
- Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition
- Works with the Business Units to improve, develop and advocate new promotional opportunities for Ziegler's products and services
- Develops business plan and annual budget for e-commerce function. Supervises development efforts including content design and update
- Acts as a liaison between IS department and outside vendors for development and maintenance of the web site
- Oversees the day-to-day e-commerce operations, maintenance, and performance measurement of the company web site (internet and intranet.)
- Directly supervises one employee, E-Commerce Content Editor, in the Marketing Department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Ziegler's policies including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance under Ziegler Rewards Program; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have a comprehensive understanding of:
- Business planning and e-commerce strategy development
- E-commerce business models and financial services industry (trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products)
- Web technologies, web programming languages, web page design/layout, and web site performance measurement
- College degree in computer science or a related field
- 5-7 years of e-commerce experience Proven ability to develop/implement a successful e-commerce strategy in the financial services industry.
© 2000 - 2019, David J. Mayer. All rights Reserved.
© 2008 - 2019, ChannelStats, LLC. All rights Reserved.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211